Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Marco Verratti is set to join Qatari side Al Arabi in a €45 million transfer, according to reports.
The 30-year-old Italian has been at PSG since 2012, making over 400 appearances for the club and winning 30 trophies. However, he has fallen out of favor with new manager Luis Enrique and has been frozen out of the team.
Verratti is expected to travel to Qatar in the next 24 hours to complete his medical and sign his contract. Once completed, he will become the most expensive transfer in the history of the Qatar Stars League.
Al Arabi are currently in the third position in the Qatar Stars League, and Verratti will be expected to help them challenge for the title. He is a creative and technically gifted midfielder who will add a lot to the Al Arabi team.
The transfer is a major coup for Al Arabi, and it is a sign of the club’s ambition. They are clearly looking to build a team that can compete for trophies in the Qatar Stars League and in Asia.
Verratti’s departure from PSG is a blow to the club, but it is understandable given his situation. He is a talented player who deserves to be playing regularly, and he is unlikely to get that at PSG under Enrique.
Al Arabi are getting a top-class player in Verratti, and he will be a major asset to the club. It will be interesting to see how he performs in the Qatar Stars League and in Asia.
Here are some of the key details of the transfer:
- The transfer fee is €45 million, plus €5 million in performance-based add-ons.
- Verratti has signed a three-year contract with Al Arabi.
- He will be officially unveiled as a Al Arabi player on Tuesday.
- Verratti is the most expensive transfer in the history of the Qatar Stars League.
- He is expected to help Al Arabi challenge for the Qatar Stars League title.
- The transfer is a major coup for Al Arabi and a sign of the club’s ambition.
Kindly submit your news stories to email@example.com